When the time comes to build a new website, here are 10 questions to ask yourself / your team:
1. What are the objectives for your new website?
2. Who do you want to bring to the site? (Current customers / new customers / the media / alliance partners?)
3. What will the positioning be for the site (i.e. upmarket or cheap and cheerful)?
4. Are you happy with your visual brand identity (logo etc)?
5. Besides your current website’s content, do you have other content (i.e. articles, PDFs, videos)?
6. Who will be doing most of the writing?
7. How important is Google (and the other search engines) to your strategy?
8. If search is important to you – what are your top 10 keyword phrases?
9. Do you want to integrate it with social media activity (i.e. Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook)?
10. Are there any reference sites?
There is a lot to think about, isn’t there? 8)