Web enabled mobile phones are great aren’t they? You can use them to check directions, weather, emails and websites on the go. According to the BBC, over 45% of mobile phone users regularly use the internet on the move.
* 1.2 billion mobile webs users worldwide – many of these only use the mobile web
* 8.49% of global website visits in 2011
* Smartphones are only a fraction of web enabled phones
* Mobile searches quadrupled in last 12 months alone
* $3.3 billion spent worldwide on mobile advertising in 2011 – Estimated to increase to $20.6 billion worldwide a year by 2015
* 300,000 mobile apps developed in the last three years – with over 10.9 billion downloads in that period
* M-Commerce (mobile commerce) expected to reach $119 billion worldwide per year by 2015
* 71% of 16 – 24 year olds use mobiles to access the internet as their main device
* 24 – 36 years olds largest proportion of users buying directly off mobile phones
As the M Commerce market grows, there’s lots of different ways to search for what you’re looking for, including:
* Search by typing
* Voice search
* Gesture search (drawing letters, symbols or pictures)
* Image search i.e. Google Goggles
If you’re not sure if your website is mobile friendly or would like to talk to us about building a new website that is mobile friendly, why not take advantage of our free website report?