If you’re thinking about updating your website to include all of the latest technology and functionality, you’ll need to think about the different options available to you…Here’s our introduction to WordPress…
WordPress is open source web software you can use to create a beautiful website or blog. It started out as a blogging platform, but has evolved into a full blown CMS (Content Management System).
The core software is built by hundreds of community volunteers, of which most is free! There are thousands of plugins and themes available to transform your site into almost anything you can imagine. WordPress boasts over 60 million users, so it’s easy to see why it’s the number one CMS around.
WordPress for the independent professionals and the small businesses
If you work on your own or as part of a small team, you’ll know how hard it is to create a steady stream of enquiries. Having a site built in WordPress allows you to take total control of your website, which should be your marking machine.
The more love and attention that you pay your site, the more love Google and the other search engines will give you back in return. Add regular content to the site via pages and blog posts, test new functionality with plugins and widgets, grow your lists and followings and interact with your potential customers.
Your new website should be easy to change, so that you can tell your customers about new services & share helpful & relevant information with them.
Your website is central to your business. It should be a sales and marketing machine. Think about your customers and your objectives. Good luck as you continue to build your customer attraction website, based on proven marketing principles.
Why is WordPress better than Joomla or Drupal?
WordPress compared to other CMS systems have some additional advantages.
- It’s highly user friendly: It’s a doddle getting started on WordPress, once you’ve learnt the basics, the support available is vast and highly organised. The’re almost unlimited tools and functions that are easy to use and will give you results that will make you fall in love with it’s slick system. Amazingly WordPress is completely free to use!
- There’s a Plug-in for that: There is a plug-in for almost any challenge you are facing. Most of them are free and stay up to date because WordPress is ultimately and open-source project, available for everyone to use! What is a plugin? A plugin is plug-and-play software than you can add-on to your existing WordPress install to add extra and specific functionality. For example we can use plugins for contact forms, maps, SEO, newsletter signup forms, rolling graphics, linking to our social media accounts and social bookmarking
- It’s extremely flexible: The flexibility of WordPress makes it very easy to control just about every aspect of the site without knowing how to code like robot, let’s face it that’s why you’re considering using WordPress! It doesn’t take long to get to grips with the basics and then you can do anything on WordPress — Create, share, modify, design, develop, make money and much more. The features of WordPress can make your website or blog look great, easy to manage and highly extensible. You may want to consider taking an ‘Introduction to WordPress’ course.
- Search Engine Rankings: Do you want to get to the top of the Google ranking for the key phrases that you know your customer is searching for? Luckily Google loves WordPress sites and it’s easy to configure them to get the most of your search engine rankings. Your page load times will be faster and the pages easy to index, using some simple principles.
- You’ll be able to make money straight away: Why does a business design a new website? Ultimately, we design a new website when we have products or services to sell. The beauty of WordPress is that you don’t have to rely on a website developer to make changes to your pages, you can do it all on the fly, even from the WordPress smartphone app. WordPress integrates with lots of different e-commerce solutions as well as Paypal, which will allows to get up and running selling books, products, seminar tickets, memberships etc in no time at all!